Location and Travel Info
The summer school will take place at the I.E.S.C. at Cargèse, Corsica, France. More information on the I.E.S.C. website.
In case of emergency: please contact +00 33 (0) 620 55 18 40 (C. Bauerle)
Bus transfer (From/To Airport)
The schedule of the school buses (Ajaccio - Cargese) on July 10 (arrival):
- 1st bus: leaving at approx 15:40h (will wait for people arriving at 15:25h)
- 2nd bus: leaving at approx 18:45h (will wait for people arriving at 18:35h)
People arriving after that time will be informed and picked up by taxi
The schedule of the school buses on July 21/22 (departure) will be posted here soon
Taxi transfer (From/To Airport)
Taxis requested through the IECS: The driver will know about your schedule and wait for you at Ajaccio airport.
If your flight is delayed, please contact (mail or SMS) the emergency phone above. The fare must be paid in cash (approx. 100 EUR during the day and 145 EUR during night)
- The IESC campus has loundry facitilities, wifi, etc;
- The town of Cargese has two supermarkets, ATM machines, laundries, pharmacies, medical doctors, etc. The nearest hospital is in Ajaccio. Please note that you need prescriptions to buy medicaments.
- bicycle can be rented in town.
Not to forget to bring ...
- sun cream, hat, and glasses;
- anti-mosquito spray;
- beach towels: there are not provided by the IESC;
- warm clothes for the evening, since it may get chilly;
- walking shoes and a pocket light (or a mobile phone with torch) for the evenings. Please note that except for the welcome reception and the barbecue, dinner is not provided. You may, therefore, need to walk between the town and the center during the evening.
- Toiletterie at campus is only provided for 1 night (people have to bring their own toiletterie : shampoo soap etc. or buy in the village) ;
More information about accommodations and travel to Cargèse visit the I.E.S.C. website.
The following pictures are property of the I.E.S.C.